Team Leader - Residential Care
- Noble Park location – with plenty of onsite parking
- Full time fixed term role for 6 months
- Salary package equivalent to $110K pa (inclusive of base salary – SCHCADS Level 7.1 Super and Salary Packaging)
For over 140 years, Berry Street has adapted to a changing world, and we will continue to adapt to achieve our purpose. We believe children, young people and families should be safe, thriving and hopeful. Our Vision for 2022: Together we will courageously change lives and reimagine service systems. We look forward to working with children, young people, families, carers, staff and partners to achieve this vision. Together.
The Residential Care Team Leader will provide vital guidance and support and take care of a team of a high functioning Residential Care workers who will be dedicated to looking after Children and Young People that are in our care.
The primary objectives of the role include:
- Responsibility for the oversight and leadership of Residential Care Supervisors and their teams
- Maintaining a collaborative and positive team culture and contribute to continual improvement
- Working independently but also cooperatively within a leadership team and the ability to work under pressure and juggle competing demands on time
- Advocating for young people in Residential Care and mentoring other staff within the program to care therapeutically for those who have experienced the impacts of trauma and neglect.
To download the position description, please click here.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in Residential Care Services (desirable)
- Has a genuine enjoyment in engaging with young people
- Has flexibility in their approach to work and hours
- Has great communication skills, with the ability to engage well with young people and work well with other staff
- Has the capacity to reflect on their practice & who is open minded and non-judgemental Ability to undertake staff supervision
- A professional approach to working closely with outside agencies and other professional bodies
- Relevant experience and advanced competence work with Children and Young People in relation to residential care
- A relevant tertiary qualification in Social Work of appropriate equivalent
- Salary Packaging (up to $15,900 per annum, plus additional packaging available for meals/accommodation).
- Flexible work arrangements and generous leave conditions.
- Access to the Employee Assistance Program (EAP), including access for staff members’ immediate family.
How to Apply
Applications including Resume and Cover Letter addressing your suitability for the position to be submitted by 11pm on Thursday, 12 March 2020.
Position queries to Kellie Johnson, Senior Manager Residential Services 0447 361 214.
Talent questions to Aiden Tabag, Talent Acquisition Partner on 03 9429 9266
Please Note; the successful applicant will be subject to comprehensive reference and background checking prior to employment, including a Working with Children Check and National Police Check.
Berry Street is committed to being a child safe, child friendly and child empowering organisation. In everything we do we seek to protect children. We are committed to the cultural safety of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander children; children from culturally and/or linguistically diverse backgrounds; children with a disability; children who identify with a sexual and or gender minority identity. We aim to ensure every individual is treated with dignity and respect regardless of their cultural background, ability, ethnicity, gender identity, sexual orientation, spirituality or religion.
Aboriginal people; people from culturally and/or linguistically diverse backgrounds and people with a disability are encouraged to apply.