Youth Development Worker
- Shepparton Youth Foyer location
- Casual positions to start with and opportunities for career advancement
- SCHCADS Level 4.1 $43.77 per hour (inclusive of casual loading)
For over 140 years, Berry Street has adapted to a changing world, and we will continue to adapt to achieve our purpose. We believe children, young people and families should be safe, thriving and hopeful. Our Vision for 2022: Together we will courageously change lives and reimagine service systems. We look forward to working with children, young people, families, carers, staff and partners to achieve this vision. Together.
The Education First Youth Foyer Program is an innovative partnership model to help young people who are committed to their education but who are at risk of homelessness and to assist them with building sustainable lives for the future.
The main requirements of the role are;
- Support the ongoing operation of the Education First Youth Foyer Program.
- Provide individual mentoring and coaching to students of Foyer to support their development of goals and life skills.
- Promote the Education First Youth Foyer as a community engaged program and promote opportunities for students to engage with their community.
- Hold a Champion portfolio of a specific program service offer.
To download the position description, please click here.
We are looking for a Youth Development Worker who has a broad range of life experiences, skills and employment backgrounds who have a genuine interest in supporting young people to experience their community and make a contribution to the community.
A tertiary qualification in Youth Work, Community Services, Education is desirable however candidates with relevant experience are encouraged to apply.
In return we offer you
- A thorough induction program
- Ongoing training and development opportunities
- A great friendly team environment
- A focus on positive work/life balance
- An organisation that genuinely cares about you
- Salary Packaging (up to $15,900 per annum, plus additional packaging available for meals/accommodation).
- Flexible work arrangements and generous leave conditions.
- Access to the Employee Assistance Program (EAP), including access for staff members’ immediate family.
How to Apply
Applications including resume and cover letter addressing your suitability for the position to be submitted by Wednesday, 11 March 2020, 11:30PM
Queries to Tessa Marnane, Team Leader, Education First Youth Foyer Shepparton on 03 5822 8100.
Talent questions to Aiden Tabag, Talent Acquisition Partner 03 9429 9266.
Please Note; the successful applicant will be subject to comprehensive reference and background checking prior to employment, including a Working with Children Check and National Police Check.
Berry Street is committed to being a child safe, child friendly and child empowering organisation. In everything we do we seek to protect children. We are committed to the cultural safety of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander children; children from culturally and/or linguistically diverse backgrounds; children with a disability; children who identify with a sexual and or gender minority identity. We aim to ensure every individual is treated with dignity and respect regardless of their cultural background, ability, ethnicity, gender identity, sexual orientation, spirituality or religion.
Aboriginal people; people from culturally and/or linguistically diverse backgrounds and people with a disability are encouraged to apply.