- Noble Park location
- Full time/ fixed term until September 2020 role
- Salary package equivalent to $95,800 pa (inclusive of base salary – SCHCADS Level 5, super and salary packaging)
For over 140 years, Berry Street has adapted to a changing world, and we will continue to adapt to achieve our purpose. We believe children, young people and families should be safe, thriving and hopeful. Our Vision for 2022: Together we will courageously change lives and reimagine service systems. We look forward to working with children, young people, families, carers, staff and partners to achieve this vision. Together.
Berry Street aims to provide a high quality out of home care service that is responsive to the specific needs of children and young people who are at risk or who have experienced the trauma of family violence, child abuse and neglect. We aim to provide high quality foster carers who will provide a safe and nurturing environment for children and young people in care.
Home Based Care in the South Eastern Region provides Foster Care services in the Southern Region of Metro Victoria. The team ensures placements are well resourced ensuring carer recruitment, support, development and supervision is at a high standard.
The Assessment Practitioner will primarily be responsible for:
- Assessment and delivery of pre-accreditation training of prospective foster carers.
- On-going training for accredited carers.
- Joint management of carer inquires and the delivery of information sessions to prospective foster carers
- Ensure a sufficient pool of trained and accredited carers to meet the needs of children requiring foster care.
To download the position description, please click here.
To be successful in this role you will possess:
- Strong organisational skills and the ability to work comfortably in an unstructured environment whilst maintaining high professional standards.
- Well-developed knowledge of the welfare system; preferably the home-based care area, community development principles, adult education principles and methods.
- An understanding of assessment skills congruent with the theories of attachment and trauma.
- Proven knowledge of the stages of child development as well as a sophisticated understanding of life stages.
- Demonstrated understanding and respect of the needs of children with a disability and/ or Aboriginal culture.
- Salary Packaging (up to $15,900 per annum, plus additional packaging available for meals/accommodation).
- Flexible work arrangements and generous leave conditions.
- Access to the Employee Assistance Program (EAP), including access for staff members’ immediate family.
How to Apply
Applications including resume and cover letter addressing your suitability for the position to be submitted by 11pm on Thursday 20 February 2020.
Queries to Oya Adem, Senior Manager – Home Based Care on 03 9239 1400.
Please Note; the successful applicant will be subject to comprehensive reference and background checking prior to employment, including a Working with Children Check and National Police Check.
Berry Street is committed to being a child safe, child friendly and child empowering organisation. In everything we do we seek to protect children. We are committed to the cultural safety of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander children; children from culturally and/or linguistically diverse backgrounds; children with a disability; children who identify with a sexual and or gender minority identity. We aim to ensure every individual is treated with dignity and respect regardless of their cultural background, ability, ethnicity, gender identity, sexual orientation, spirituality or religion.
Aboriginal people; people from culturally and/or linguistically diverse backgrounds and people with a disability are encouraged to apply.