Senior Database Administrator
- Flexible work environment with great work-life balance.
- Salary package equivalent to $94,000 to $115,000 (including salary, superannuation and salary packaging)
- Develop your skills and grow your career while driving positive change.
For over 140 years, Berry Street has adapted to a changing world, and we will continue to adapt to achieve our purpose. We believe children, young people and families should be safe, thriving and hopeful. Our Vision for 2022: Together we will courageously change lives and reimagine service systems. We look forward to working with children, young people, families, carers, staff and partners to achieve this vision. Together.
The Senior Database Administrator/Analyst is a unique role with an objective to provide both technical solutions and support to the wider Strategic Engagement team, as well as manage and monitor the supporter database in its entirety.
As a Database Administrator/ Analyst, the role will be responsible for any ad-hoc development, provide system application support and maintenance of Berry Street’s supporter database including the integrations between the various external platforms, specifically, but not limited to, Raiser’s Edge, Business Intelligence – SQL, PowerBI, SSAS, SSIS and other database and application platforms. As a Database Administrator, you will be performing complex data processing tasks to ensure timely and accurate processing of income with a keen eye for continuous data process improvement.
This position will have a significant contribution to the organisation’s future growth & sustainability by improving our technology infrastructure and related processes.
- Work with the Head of Analytics and Insights to deliver the strategy for Berry Street’s management of the supporter database.
- Play a key role in designing a data warehouse that will enable the organisation to execute a Business Intelligence strategy that will ultimately enable flexible on-time reporting and data-driven analytics.
- Administer and maintain the Berry Street supporter database by ensuring data quality and best practice processes are adhered to.
- Perform day to day ad-hoc & administrative tasks including data extraction, reporting and processing of fundraising income into the CRM.
- Work closely with our internal teams to implement system enhancements including enhanced reporting, implementation of new functionality, integration of existing systems and automation.
- Generate data queries, SQL tables and reports to provide efficient data exchange.
To download the position description, please click here.
- Significant experience as a Data Analyst/Administrator.
- A hands-on work attitude with a keen eye for process improvement.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to work well team members and stakeholders.
- Systems integration experience, including complex projects involving legacy systems and new technologies.
- Solid proficiency in
- SQL Server – SQL query scripting, stored procedures (TSQL)
- Experience in Data warehousing, SSIS and Business Intelligence tools (e.g. PowerBI, Tableau, QlikSense)
- CRM experience (preferably in a fundraising environment)
- Excellent administrative skills with ability to understand and process complex tasks.
- Effective time management, prioritisation skills and a fast paced work ethic.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with a high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- A bachelor qualification in Computer Science, Software Engineering, IT, Business Analytics or similar.
- Highly proficient with the Microsoft Office Suite.
- Additional salary packaging available for meals/accommodation.
- Flexible work arrangements and generous leave conditions.
- Access to the Employee Assistance Program (EAP), including access for staff members’ immediate family.
How to Apply
Applications including resume and cover letter addressing your suitability for the position to be submitted as soon as possible as applications will be reviewed as they are received. Queries to Grace Dennis, Talent Acquisition Partner on (03) 9421 9307.
Please Note; the successful applicant must hold or be able to obtain a valid WWCC and undergo a National Police Check prior to employment.
Berry Street is committed to being a child safe, child friendly and child empowering organisation. In everything we do we seek to protect children. We are committed to the cultural safety of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander children; children from culturally and/or linguistically diverse backgrounds; children with a disability; children who identify with a sexual and or gender minority identity. We aim to ensure every individual is treated with dignity and respect regardless of their cultural background, ability, ethnicity, gender identity, sexual orientation, spirituality or religion.
Aboriginal people; people from culturally and/or linguistically diverse backgrounds and people with a disability are encouraged to apply.