- Mildura location
- Full time – 12 month fixed term maternity leave cover
- Salary package equivalent up to $110, 000 FTE per annum (inclusive of base salary, super, and salary packaging)
- Motor Vehicle Allowance $10, 500 per annum
For over 140 years, Berry Street has adapted to a changing world, and we will continue to adapt to achieve our purpose. We believe children, young people and families should be safe, thriving and hopeful. Our Vision for 2022: Together we will courageously change lives and reimagine service systems. We look forward to working with children, young people, families, carers, staff and partners to achieve this vision. Together.
About Take Two
Take Two is a state-wide service providing high quality therapeutic services to children and young people who have suffered significant abuse, neglect or disrupted attachment and are clients of Child Protection.
The primary objectives of the role will be:
- This role encompass two areas of the Take Two program the Intensive Therapeutic service and the Stronger Families program .
- Provision of high quality assessment and advice relating to the care of Child Protection and Stronger Families clients referred to the Take Two program.
- Provision of counselling and therapeutic interventions for children, young people and their families.
- Work closely and collaboratively with the client, their families the care team and partner agency to achieve therapeutic goals and outcomes.
To download the position description, please click here.
Our ideal candidate will have sound decision making skills, reflected in excellent clinical judgements and a high degree of self-discipline, reflected in the ability to provide targeted clinical services within strict time-frames. You will have a demonstrated ability to provide a high standard of complex direct service in the clinical assessment and treatment of children, young people and families; and to comply with service delivery towards output and outcomes requirement.
An understanding of the complexity of the service system and the issues involved in providing services to statutory clients is essential, along with the willingness to coach and develop others and impart knowledge.
An appropriate Bachelor degree level or higher qualification in a Health or Welfare related field such as Occupational Therapy, Psychology, Social Work, Family Therapy, Speech Pathology or related discipline is required along with a minimum of 5 years experience conducting clinical work with children.
- Additional salary packaging available for meals/accommodation.
- Flexible work arrangements and generous leave conditions.
- Access to the Employee Assistance Program (EAP), including access for staff members’ immediate family.
How to Apply
Applications including resume, and cover letter submitted by 11pm, Friday 17th January 2020. Queries to Kim Schroeder - Clinical Manager Restoring Childhood 9458 9222.
Please Note; the successful applicant will be subject to comprehensive reference and background checking prior to employment, including a Working with Children Check and National Police Check.
Berry Street is committed to being a child safe, child friendly and child empowering organisation. In everything we do we seek to protect children. We are committed to the cultural safety of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander children; children from culturally and/or linguistically diverse backgrounds; children with a disability; children who identify with a sexual and or gender minority identity. We aim to ensure every individual is treated with dignity and respect regardless of their cultural background, ability, ethnicity, gender identity, sexual orientation, spirituality or religion.
Aboriginal people; people from culturally and/or linguistically diverse backgrounds and people with a disability are encouraged to apply.