Senior Residential Care Worker
- We are looking for Senior Residential Care Workers
- Permanent Full-time & Part-time Pro Rata Positions (multiple positions available)
- Shepparton Region
- Friendly and supportive team environment
For over 140 years, Berry Street has adapted to a changing world, and we will continue to adapt to achieve our purpose. We believe children, young people and families should be safe, thriving and hopeful. Our Vision for 2022: Together we will courageously change lives and reimagine service systems. We look forward to working with children, young people, families, carers, staff and partners to achieve this vision. Together.
We are seeking experienced Residential Care Workers who is ready to undertake more responsibility in their role. The successful candidate will be passionate about young people’s rights and have a solid understanding of what it means to promote safety for children. You will be passionate about supporting and mentoring others, be a great team player and lead by example. You will demonstrate the Berry Street values in all that you do.
Berry Street's Residential Care Programs provide accommodation, care and support to children and young people aged 12 -17 years requiring placement with the Residential Care setting. With multiple sites across Victoria, our houses are staffed on a 24-hour roster, 7 days a week.
- To ensure an environment that provides a sense of safety, structure, acceptance, wellbeing and security at all times for children and young people and for staff
- To provide supervision, support, coaching and mentoring to a team of Residential Care workers that ensures quality outcomes for the children and young people in care
- To take responsibility for the day-to-day operation of a Unit in the absence of the Unit Supervisor
- Ensure Berry Street Values, Policies, Guidelines and Practice Standards and Practice Manuals are upheld to the highest standards at all times
- To ensure that the young people’s rights and interests are protected at all times and supporting them to maintain important links with their family of origin, friendship networks and the local community
- Work as part of a dedicated team to deliver high quality care to Children and Young People in a residential facility.
- Work directly with Children and Young People in the Out of Home Care program.
- Undertake Looking After Children (LAC) requirements for clients and monitoring of relevant documentation of LAC.
- Implement current practices in therapeutic interventions for Children and Young People in care with regard to trauma and attachment.
- Contribute to the development of a comprehensive education, living, social and recreational skills program, as per program guidelines.
- Maintaining administrative and progress note keeping requirements in accordance with Berry Street and program guidelines.
- Ensure the residential facility is clean and well maintained by undertaking general household tasks including shopping, cooking, maintenance and cleaning.
To download the position description, please click here
- A genuine desire to engage and build meaningful relationships with Children and Young People
- Interest in contributing to the wellbeing and development of Children and Young People
- Enjoy responsibility and lots of variety in their job
- Great communication skills and engage well with Children and Young People and staff
- Resilience during a crisis or conflict
- Computer savvy
- Reflect on your practice and make improvements where possible
- Professional to deal with external services when supporting Children and Young People.
Why choose Us:
- Additional salary packaging available for meals/accommodation.
- Access to the Employee Assistance Program (EAP), including access for staff members’ immediate family.
- We conduct ourselves with the values of Courage, Integrity, Respect, Accountability and Working Together.
- We provide our staff with comprehensive training and professional development.
How to Apply
Please view the full Position Description attached to this advertisement before applying.
- Include a Cover Letter and Resume before submitting your application.
- Applications close on Sunday 19 January 2020, 23:00 hours.
Position queries to John Steel, Team Leader - Residential Care on 03 5822 8100
Talent queries to Aiden Tabag, Talent Acquisition Partner on 03 9429 9266
Please Note; the successful applicant will be subject to comprehensive reference and background checking prior to employment, including a Working with Children Check and National Police Check.
Berry Street is committed to being a child safe, child friendly and child empowering organisation. In everything we do we seek to protect children. We are committed to the cultural safety of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander children; children from culturally and/or linguistically diverse backgrounds; children with a disability; children who identify with a sexual and or gender minority identity. We aim to ensure every individual is treated with dignity and respect regardless of their cultural background, ability, ethnicity, gender identity, sexual orientation, spirituality or religion.
Aboriginal people; people from culturally and/or linguistically diverse backgrounds and people with a disability are encouraged to apply.