About the business
Australian Regional and Remote Community Services (ARRCS) is a not-for-profit aged care and community service provider that was established in July 2014 to operate residential care facilities and community care programs in the Northern Territory. The services were previously managed by Frontier Services.
ARRCS is a service group of Uniting Care Queensland – the health and community service provider of the Uniting Church, and is supported by Blue Care – also part of Uniting Care Queensland and one of Australia's leading residential and community aged care providers in Australia.
About the role
Opened in 2015, Nganampa Ngura Mutitjulu-nya Flexible Aged Care facility is located in Mutitjulu, the heart of Uluru and currently has 19 residents. Nganampa Ngura Mutitjulu-nya is a welcoming and comfortable space where the emotional, spiritual and cultural beliefs of our residents are at the centre of everything we do. Mutitjulu is located a 20 minute drive from Yulara. Yulara is the resort town and has a range of facilities including restaurants, a supermarket, a bank, post office and cafes. Staff accommodation is provided in Yulara and the resort and there is transport available to and from the centre.
We now have a full time permanent opportunity for an experienced RN to join our team at Nganampa Ngura Mutitjulu-nya Flexible Aged Care facility. Reporting to the Service Manager, this is a key role within the team and will provide leadership and clinical advice to Enrolled Nursing and Personal Care Assisting staff.
Skills and experience
- Bachelor Degree in Nursing
- Current AHPRA registration as a Registered Nurse
- 2+ years clinical experience within an aged care facility
- Advanced working knowledge of contemporary nursing practice
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills including experience supervising small teams
- Practical knowledge and experience undertaking clinical assessments and developing appropriate care plans
- An ability to undertake manual handling
- Experience working in a remote location and with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people will be highly regarded
- Must have a current National Police Check, OCHRE card and NT Drivers’ License or a willingness to obtain prior to commencing
Benefits and perks
As ARRCS is a Not for Profit organisation, we have great benefits including;
- CBB Salary Packaging - Tax-free money to pay debts such as Rent & Mortgage
- Accommodation, utilities and meals when on shift are all provided
- Annual location allowance
- 17.5% leave loading
- 6 weeks annual leave
- Wellness & Employee Support Services
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are strongly encouraged to apply to join our team.
If relocating, an additional benefit available - Territory Incentive
The Northern Territory provides relocation assistance for those people who meet the High Priority Occupation list and eligibility requirements. For a single, this can be a $3000 additional benefit, more for families. Take a look online https://theterritory.com.au/live/register