Head of IT
- Richmond location
- Part time, fixed term position for 12 months
- Highly competitive salary, plus super and salary packaging
For over 140 years, Berry Street has adapted to a changing world, and we will continue to adapt to achieve our purpose. We believe children, young people and families should be safe, thriving and hopeful. Our Vision for 2022: Together we will courageously change lives and reimagine service systems. We look forward to working with children, young people, families, carers, staff and partners to achieve this vision. Together.
The Head of IT will have overall accountability for leading and managing the IT Strategy and the IT Systems required to support the organisations unique objectives and goals. The Head of IT is not only an expert in their own right, but also serves as a visionary and leader building and inspiring their team while offering opportunities to grow.
- Setting and building the technology strategy and roadmap and the execution of that roadmap.
- Work with internal stakeholders to develop up the priorities for roadmap execution including Board briefing information.
- Ensuring operational excellence and driving a culture of innovation and continuous improvement across the technology business.
- Driving strategic partnerships, technology partnerships and vendors, primarily focused on a managed Services Provider.
- The creation of a team that delivers business objectives and promotes a culture of exceptional customer service and delivery.
- Making enterprise wide IT Decisions about systems and technology.
- Ensure the technology function is delivering technology solutions that achieve organisation wide productivity and efficiency improvements.
- Engaging with internal and external stakeholders about technology and IT matters for Berry Street.
- Build relevant business sponsorship and business cases to support proposed investments.
To download the position description, please click here.
You will have a tertiary qualification (minimum Bachelor level) in IT, Business or a related discipline and proven track record driving innovation and experience in transforming a technology function. You must be a strong relationship builder with experience with managing both business and technical relationships and managing operational and capital budgets.
- Additional salary packaging available for meals/accommodation.
- Flexible work arrangements and generous leave conditions.
- Access to the Employee Assistance Program (EAP), including access for staff members’ immediate family.
How to Apply
Applications including resume and statement addressing the key selection criteria for the position to be submitted by 11pm on Thursday, 14 November 2019. Queries to Tom Pennicott – Executive Director Corporate Services on 03 9429 9266.
To download the key selection criteria template, please click here.
Please Note; the successful applicant will be subject to comprehensive reference and background checking prior to employment, including a Working with Children Check and National Police Check.
Berry Street is committed to being a child safe, child friendly and child empowering organisation. In everything we do we seek to protect children. We are committed to the cultural safety of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander children; children from culturally and/or linguistically diverse backgrounds; children with a disability; children who identify with a sexual and or gender minority identity. We aim to ensure every individual is treated with dignity and respect regardless of their cultural background, ability, ethnicity, gender identity, sexual orientation, spirituality or religion.
Aboriginal people; people from culturally and/or linguistically diverse backgrounds and people with a disability are encouraged to apply.