- Noble Park Location
- South Eastern Case Management Services
- Work with a great team and be part of an AWESOME organisation
For over 140 years, Berry Street has adapted to a changing world, and we will continue to adapt to achieve our purpose. We believe children, young people and families should be safe, thriving and hopeful. Our Vision for 2022: Together we will courageously change lives and reimagine service systems. We look forward to working with children, young people, families, carers, staff and partners to achieve this vision. Together.
Berry Street South Eastern Case Management Services (SECMS) is funded by Department of Health and Human Services to provide intensive support and case management to children and young people on statutory Child Protection orders.
Our team of Case Managers carry caseloads and work in a busy but supportive environment. On any given day a Case Manager could be expected to visit with their clients, attend professional meetings or court and attend to administrative matters.
The Adolescent Support Program aims to divert young people from the Child Protection system and the primary objectives of this role include:
- Case management of children and young people (including a mixed caseload of contracted clients on statutory protective orders, in accordance with Children’s Court directions and voluntary clients referred from both Child Protection and the broader community)
- Assist children, young people and their families to minimise risk and gain stability
- Promote the maintenance of the child and/or young person with their family, extended family and other support networks
- Develop stakeholder relationships within the community and be an effective advocate
You will be a quick learner with high energy and commitment to your clients, yet able to work within the parameters of the role. You will need to be able to work flexible hours to provide a responsive service to your clients. Ideally you will have prior experience in case management and engaging with high risk adolescents.
Experience undertaking contracted case management within DHHS, Child Protection or another similar agency will be looked on favourably.
A relevant tertiary qualification in Psychology, Social Work or a related discipline is essential for this position.
- Additional salary packaging available for meals/accommodation.
- Flexible work arrangements and generous leave conditions.
- Access to the Employee Assistance Program (EAP), including access for staff members’ immediate family.
How to Apply
Applications to include Resume, Statement addressing Key Selection Criteria and Cover Letter by Tuesday, 27 August 2019
- To download the Position Description, please click here
- To download the Key Selection Criteria template, please click here
Queries to Linda Clampitt – Senior Manager, Complex Client Services on 03 9239 1400
Berry Street is committed to being a child safe, child friendly and child empowering organisation. In everything we do we seek to protect children. We are committed to the cultural safety of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander children; children from culturally and/or linguistically diverse backgrounds; children with a disability; children who identify with a sexual and or gender minority identity. We aim to ensure every individual is treated with dignity and respect regardless of their cultural background, ability, ethnicity, gender identity, sexual orientation, spirituality or religion.
Comprehensive reference and background checking will be undertaken, including a Working with Children Check and police check. Aboriginal people; people from culturally and/or linguistically diverse backgrounds and people with a disability are encouraged to apply.