Team Leader - Residential Care
- Great opportunity for development!
- Noble Park location
- Full Time – Permanent
- Salary package equivalent to $116, 429 (inclusive of base salary, super, motor vehicle allowance and salary packaging)
For over 140 years, Berry Street has adapted to a changing world, and we will continue to adapt to achieve our purpose. We believe children, young people and families should be safe, thriving and hopeful. Our Vision for 2022: Together we will courageously change lives and reimagine service systems. We look forward to working with children, young people, families, carers, staff and partners to achieve this vision. Together.
Berry Street’s Residential Care Program offers accommodation and support to children and young people who are referred through the Child Protection system.
About the role:
The Residential Care Team Leader will provide vital guidance and support and take care of a team of a high functioning Residential Care workers who will be dedicated to looking after Children and Young People that are in our care.
The primary objectives of the role include:
- Responsibility for the oversight and leadership of Residential Care Supervisors and their teams
- Maintaining a collaborative and positive team culture and contribute to continual improvement
- Working independently but also cooperatively within a leadership team and the ability to work under pressure and juggle competing demands on time
- Advocating for young people in Residential Care and mentoring other staff within the program to care therapeutically for those who have experienced the impacts of trauma and neglect.
We are seeking a leader who can support staff in their day to day work whilst keeping the broader needs of the program in mind. With a sound understanding of the developmental and therapeutic needs of children and young people who have suffered abuse and neglect and are on statutory protective and juvenile justice orders, you will use your demonstrated experience in managing staff to ensure a high standard of care is provided to young people placed within Residential Services.
The successful applicant will demonstrate the ability to be flexible, supportive, network and liaise with other services and stakeholders, and work with a great team to ensure the best outcomes for young people. A degree qualification in Social Work, Welfare or related field is required for this role. You may be required to complete additional training to meet the qualification requirements for Residential Care.
What can Berry Street offer you?
- Salary Packaging (up to $15, 900 per annum, plus meals/accommodation)
- Flexible work arrangements and generous leave conditions
- Motor Vehicle Allowance to the value of $10, 500
- Access to the Employee assistance program, including access for staff members’ immediate family
For further information about this role, please refer to the position description.
Queries to Kellie Johnson, Senior Manager – Residential Care , on (03) 9239 1400
Applications including resume, cover letter and statement addressing the key selection criteria to be submitted by 5pm, Wednesday 10th July 2019
To download the position description, please click here
To download the key selection criteria template, please click here
Berry Street is committed to being a child safe, child friendly and child empowering organisation. In everything we do we seek to protect children. We are committed to the cultural safety of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander children; children from culturally and/or linguistically diverse backgrounds; children with a disability; children who identify with a sexual and or gender minority identity. We aim to ensure every individual is treated with dignity and respect regardless of their cultural background, ability, ethnicity, gender identity, sexual orientation, spirituality or religion.
Comprehensive reference and background checking will be undertaken, including a Working with Children Check and police check. Aboriginal people; people from culturally and/or linguistically diverse backgrounds and people with a disability are encouraged to apply.