Senior Case Manager
- Great opportunity - full time permanent position
- Based in our Shepparton Office
- SCHCADS Level 6, Pay Point 1 $78,738.66 + car allowance
About the role:
Join Victoria’s largest independent child welfare organisation and become a vital part of a team that never gives up doing whatever it takes for kids. We believe everyone should have a good childhood, growing up in families and communities where they feel safe, nurtured and have hope for the future
This position is responsible for providing case management to children and young people placed in Foster Care. The service offers a continuum of care ranging from overnight through to longer term placements for children aged from birth to 18 years of age. The service continuum takes steps to serve those from the voluntary end of the system (overnight, respite) to the most tertiary end (complex).
As a Senior Worker in the program, you will use your understanding of the issues related to child development, including the impact of trauma and abuse, and will utilise this knowledge both to support children in care and to establish and maintain foster care placements.
- The base salary for this position is SCHCADS Level 6, Pay Point 1 which is currently $78,738.66 under the Berry Street Victoria 2014-2017 Agreement.
- Generous Motor Vehicle allowance of $10,500 pa.
- The value of the salary can be increased through salary packaging
To be successful for this role you will be a great team player with a knack for building strong stakeholder relationships. You will have previous case management experience, a well developed knowledge of the welfare system and a solid understanding of trauma and attachment theories.
The successful applicant must have formal qualifications such as a Social Work or Psychology degree or a related discipline, and well developed knowledge of the welfare system.
What Berry Street can offer you:
- A thorough induction program
- Ongoing training and development opportunities
- A great friendly environment
- Employee assistance program
- Annual Employee Opinion Survey participation
- Focus on positive work/life balance
- Generous salary packaging benefits
- An organisation that cares about you
Queries to Sharelle Davidson, Senior Manager on 5822 8100
Applications including resume, cover letter and addressing the key selection criteria to be submitted by 11pm on Monday, 17 December 2018
To download the Position Description, please click here
To download the Key Selection Criteria template, please click here
Berry Street are committed to the safety, participation and empowerment of all children, including those with a disability and culturally and/or linguistically diverse backgrounds. Berry Street are also committed to cultural safety, inclusion and empowerment of Aboriginal children, their families and communities. Comprehensive reference and background checking will be undertaken, including a Working with Children Check and police check. Aboriginal people; people from culturally and/or linguistically diverse backgrounds and people with a disability are encouraged to apply.