Mt Helen, VIC
- Ballarat location
- Full time, permanent position
- $82-92K Remuneration (inclusive of Salary Packaging and superannuation)
The Berry Street School is a specialist independent school consisting of four campuses based in Shepparton, Morwell, Ballarat and Noble Park. We provide a Victorian Curriculum and VCAL program for students aged 12 - 18 years.
Our school motto is Thrive, Achieve and Belong. We aim to do this through building positive relationships, academic rigor and providing opportunity and skills to learn how to be engaged and connected to school and community.
About the role
- This role is a fixed term, full time position based at our Ballarat Campus.
- This position is anticipated to begin in late January 2019.
- Our Ballarat Campus is a small school offering years 7 to VCAL Intermediate, and a rich teaching opportunity.
- We are a leader in Trauma Informed Positive Education. Students achieve when they feel safe, are connected and are assisted to regulate their emotions and behaviour in order to learn.
- We are seeking a passionate classroom teacher who is committed to young people who have re-engaged in education through the Berry Street School.
- We have small classes, provide additional specialist classroom support to teachers, as well as individual training and a range of professional development opportunities.
- Remuneration is based on experience.
- You will hold a tertiary qualification in Education.
- You will have full VIT registration.
- You will passionate about building relationships and connections with disengaged students.
- You will display a sound knowledge of a range of teaching and learning strategies designed to meet the individual needs of students.
- Demonstrated classroom teaching experience with strengths in Visual Arts and/or Visual Communication. The ability to teach various subjects including Music would be viewed as highly desirable.
- The ability to plan, design, differentiate and deliver a range of curriculum in line with the trauma-informed positive education model approach.
What can Berry Street offer you?
- A thorough induction program
- Ongoing training and development opportunities
- A great harmonious environment
- Employee assistance program
- Annual Employee Opinion Survey participation
- Focus on positive work/life balance
- Generous salary packaging benefits
- An organisation that cares about you
For further information about this role please refer to the position description.
Queries to Damian McKee, Assistant Principal on 0429 045 792
Applications including resume, cover letter and statement addressing the key selection criteria to be submitted by 11pm, Sunday 18 November 2018
To download the position description, please click here
To download the key selection criteria template, please click here
Berry Street are committed to the safety, participation and empowerment of all children, including those with a disability and culturally and/or linguistically diverse backgrounds. Berry Street are also committed to cultural safety, inclusion and empowerment of Aboriginal children, their families and communities. Comprehensive reference and background checking will be undertaken, including a Working with Children Check and police check. Aboriginal people; people from culturally and/or linguistically diverse backgrounds and people with a disability are encouraged to apply.