- Exciting leadership opportunity
- Richmond location
- Full time, permanent position
- Motor vehicle allowance included in competitive remuneration package
The Berry Street School is a specialist independent school consisting of four campuses based in Shepparton, Morwell, Ballarat and Noble Park. We provide a Victorian Curriculum and VCAL program for students aged 12-18 years.
We aim to support student learning through building positive relationships, academic rigor and providing opportunity and skills to learn how to be engaged and connected to school and community.
About the role
- This role is a full time, permanent position.
- This position is anticipated to begin in January 2019.
- We are a leader in trauma-informed positive education. Students achieve when they feel safe, are connected and are assisted to regulate their emotions and behaviour in order to learn.
- The Principal of the Berry Street School reflects our commitment to excellence in educational leadership and management as a key factor in school improvement.
- This role will be responsible for leading the School in achieving its strategic and educational objectives and for ensuring the delivery of a comprehensive curriculum across all campuses.
- The Principal will also develop and maintain productive relationships with campus and regional staff and ensure that the School operates within its allocated resources.
- Motor vehicle allowance provided ($10,500 per annum).
- Attractive remuneration, plus Salary Packaging and Superannuation.
- Richmond location with regular travel to all school campuses.
- You will hold a tertiary qualification in Education.
- Minimum four-year trained and have provisional or full registration from the Victorian Institute of Teaching (VIT).
- You are an exceptional teacher with the leadership experience, who has a strong understanding of the delivery of trauma-informed education and knowledge of the welfare system.
- You are passionate about alternative education and determined to see change for young people with complex educational needs.
- You have demonstrated capacity to lead, manage and monitor the school improvement process through a current and critical understanding of the learning process and its implications for enhancing high-quality teaching and learning in every classroom in the school.
- You have demonstrated ability to lead the implementation of the Berry Street School trauma-informed positive education model in a setting where students present with complex needs.
- Demonstrated expertise in Berry Street School trauma-informed positive education approach will be considered an advantage.
What can Berry Street offer you?
- A thorough induction program
- Ongoing training and development opportunities
- A great harmonious environment
- Employee assistance program
- Annual Employee Opinion Survey participation
- Focus on positive work/life balance
- Generous salary packaging benefits
- An organisation that cares about you
For further information about this role please refer to the position description.
Queries to Tom Brunzell - Director of Education on (03) 9429 9266
Applications including resume, cover letter and statement addressing the key selection criteria to be submitted by 5pm Wednesday, 07 November 2018
To download the position description, please click here
To download the key selection criteria template, please click here
Berry Street are committed to the safety, participation and empowerment of all children, including those with a disability and culturally and/or linguistically diverse backgrounds. Berry Street are also committed to cultural safety, inclusion and empowerment of Aboriginal children, their families and communities. Comprehensive reference and background checking will be undertaken, including a Working with Children Check and police check. Aboriginal people; people from culturally and/or linguistically diverse backgrounds and people with a disability are encouraged to apply.