- Are you a savvy case worker looking to improve the lives of our young people?
- Do you have a tertiary qualification in Youth/Social Work or other relevant field?
- Do you have a broad understanding of issues relating to children, young people and their families?
- Do you have previous experience in providing support to families who have challenging support needs?
- Are you a people person able to maintain and foster relationships with referral partners?
- Are you able to juggle multiple tasks while maintaining a smile on your face?
- Are you looking for a part time position with great pay plus salary packaging benefits?
- Are you able to work independently and work well within a team environment?
- This role is based at our Eaglemont however you will be hands on engaging with the community and our young people.
If this sounds like you, keep reading!
- Berry Street is Victoria’s largest independent child welfare organisation that never gives up doing whatever it takes for kids. We believe everyone should have a good childhood, growing up in families and communities where they feel safe, nurtured and have hope for the future.
ABOUT THE ROLE
- Part time – 0.7 EFT/7 days a fortnight until October 2019
- You will be responsible for assisting families to strengthen their parenting capacity to build their child safety, stability and development.
- This role will hold a caseload, providing case management intervention to provide preventative and secondary level support and intervention.
- Working from a strengths based and family centred approach you will establish goals to provide a holistic service.
- There will also be a requirement to participate in assessment of families referred to the service
- To find our more, click here to download the Position Description
- You will have a commitment and passion for working with children, youth and families.
- You will have a broad understanding of the issues facing those most vulnerable within our community
- You have a tertiary qualification in Youth/Social Work or associated human services field (essential).
- The base salary for this position is SCHCADS Level 5, Pay Point 1 which is currently $72,296.41 gross per annum under the Berry Street Victoria 2014-2017 Agreement.
- The value of the salary can be increased through salary packaging.
WHAT BERRY STREET CAN OFFER YOU
- A thorough induction program
- Ongoing training and development opportunities
- A great friendly environment
- Employee assistance program
- Annual Employee Opinion Survey participation
- Focus on positive work/life balance
- Generous salary packaging benefits
- An organisation that cares about you
- Please contact Jess Collard or Lauren Hansen – Team Leader on 03 9450 4700 if you have any questions regarding this position.
READY TO APPLY?
- To apply, simply send through your resume with a one-page cover letter telling us why you are the ideal for this role
- Applications will close 11pm on Tuesday, 23 October 2018
Berry Street are committed to the safety, participation and empowerment of all children, including those with a disability and culturally and/or linguistically diverse backgrounds. Berry Street are also committed to cultural safety, inclusion and empowerment of Aboriginal children, their families and communities. Comprehensive reference and background checking will be undertaken, including a Working with Children Check and police check. Aboriginal people; people from culturally and/or linguistically diverse backgrounds and people with a disability are encouraged to apply.