Foster Carer Assessor - Home Based Care
- Join Victoria's largest independent child welfare organisation!
- Casual or Independent contractors
- Eaglemont location with travel required
Join Victoria’s largest independent child welfare organisation and become a vital part of a team that never gives up doing whatever it takes for kids. We believe everyone should have a good childhood, growing up in families and communities where they feel safe, nurtured and have hope for the future.
The Northern Home Based Care program provides Complex, Intensive and General Home Based Care for children and young people who are unable to live with their own families. Along with another assessor, you will visit potential carers in their homes collecting information to compile a full and comprehensive foster carer assessment report using the Step by Step assessment process. You will present the completed report to the Carer Assessment panel.
You must have:
- Completed Step by Step familiarisation training.
- Proven prior experience of producing high quality assessment reports in relation to fostering,
- Have a driver’s license, and be able and willing to travel.
- Hold a valid Working with Children’s Check, and be willing to undertake a police check
For further information please see the attached position description.
Queries to Tiffany Vague, Senior Manager – Home Based Care on 9450 4700
Applications addressing the key selection criteria should be submitted by 11pm on Sunday, 29 July 2018.
Berry Street are committed to the safety, participation and empowerment of all children, including those with a disability and culturally and/or linguistically diverse backgrounds. Berry Street are also committed to cultural safety, inclusion and empowerment of Aboriginal children, their families and communities. Comprehensive reference and background checking will be undertaken, including a Working with Children Check and police check. Aboriginal people; people from culturally and/or linguistically diverse backgrounds and people with a disability are encouraged to apply.