Clinician - Restoring Childhood
Ballarat (Mt. Helen), VIC
Join Victoria’s largest independent child welfare organisation!
Mt Helen location
Full time fixed term position until 30 July 2019
Generous salary packaging benefits plus full private use of vehicle!!
The Restoring Childhood Model is a child focussed, trauma informed service, designed to intervene early to redress the traumatic impacts of family violence on children and young people (0-17years).
Join Victoria’s largest independent child welfare organisation and become a vital part of a team that never gives up doing whatever it takes for kids. We believe everyone should have a good childhood, growing up in families and communities where they feel safe, nurtured and have hope for the future.
The Restoring Childhood Model (RCM) has been funded by the Victorian Government as one off 12 month demonstration projects in 2017/18 providing therapeutic services to children and young people impacted by family violence. Grounded in evidence informed practice, the RCM will involve specialist intake & triage, supported referrals and secondary consultations and medium term counselling.
The clinician will provide high quality dyadic and child-focussed parenting clinical interventions to infants, children and mothers affected by Family Violence. . Working cooperatively with both internal and external stakeholders will be required in this role.
- We are seeking an experienced Clinician with a minimum 2 years’ experience conducting clinical work with children, as well as post graduate training in a relevant field.
- A tertiary qualification in Social Work, Psychology, Welfare or related discipline
- Someone with strong understanding of the complexity of family violence, service systems, and the issues involved in providing services to our clients.
What Berry Street can provide you:
- Ongoing training and development in the role
- Support from a committed, collaborative team of workers with an emphasis on a framework informed by trauma
- Generous salary packaging benefits and full private use of company car!
Queries to Tamsyn White (Program Manager, Restoring Childhood) on 03 5330 5000
Applications addressing the key selection criteria should be submitted by 11pm 29 April 2018
To download the Position Description, please click here
To download the Key Selection Criteria, please click here
Berry Street are committed to the safety, participation and empowerment of all children, including those with a disability and culturally and/or linguistically diverse backgrounds. Berry Street are also committed to cultural safety, inclusion and empowerment of Aboriginal children, their families and communities. Comprehensive reference and background checking will be undertaken, including a Working with Children Check and police check. Aboriginal people; people from culturally and/or linguistically diverse backgrounds and people with a disability are encouraged to apply.