Clinician - Restoring Childhood
- Eaglemont location
- Full time fixed term until 30 June 2019
- Generous salary packaging benefits plus full private use of vehicle.
Join Victoria’s largest independent child welfare organisation and become a vital part of a team that never gives up doing whatever it takes for kids. We believe everyone should have a good childhood, growing up in families and communities where they feel safe, nurtured and have hope for the future.
The Restoring Childhood Model is one of the 26 funded projects funded across Victoria in developing innovative practice where providing therapeutic services to children and young people impacted by family violence. Grounded in evidence informed practice, the Restoring Childhood Model will involve specialist intake & triage, supported referrals and secondary consultations and medium term counselling.
The Clinician will be required to provide clinicial leadership in the implementation of Restoring Childhood Model including the provision of supervision of and consultation with Clinicians in the team. Working cooperatively with both internal and external stakeholders will be required in this role.
- We are seeking qualified professional interested in doing clinical work.
- The ideal candidate has experience in family violence and is interested in developing their skills in offereing therapeutic services to children and mothers to provide intervention following times of crisis.
- Someone with a strong understanding of the complexity of the family violence and child protection and family violence service systems and the issues involved in providing services our clients.
What Berry Street can provide you:
- Training and development in the role
- Support from a committed, collaborative team of workers with an emphasis on a framework informed by trauma
- Generous salary packaging benefits and full private use of Berry Street vehicle
Queries to Kirsten Williams, Program Manager – Restoring Childhood on 9450 4700
Applications addressing the key selection criteria should be submitted by 25 March 2018
To download the Position Description, please click here
To download the Key Selection Criteria, please click here
Berry Street are committed to the safety, participation and empowerment of all children, including those with a disability and culturally and/or linguistically diverse backgrounds. Berry Street are also committed to cultural safety, inclusion and empowerment of Aboriginal children, their families and communities. Comprehensive reference and background checking will be undertaken, including a Working with Children Check and police check. Aboriginal people; people from culturally and/or linguistically diverse backgrounds and people with a disability are encouraged to apply