Assistant Principal - Berry Street School
- Multi-campus independent NFP school
- Salary packaging + full private use vehicle
- Richmond location
- Permanent full time position
The Berry Street School has been in operation for 13+ years and expanded to four campuses. It is a specialist independent school consisting of four campuses based in Ballarat, Morwell, Noble Park and Shepparton. The Berry Street School adheres to standards set by the Victorian and Federal Governments and offers an adaption of the Victorian Curriculum for years 7 -10 and the Victorian Certificate of Applied Learning (VCAL).
Many students referred to our School have experienced trauma and disrupted attachment as a result of neglect, abuse, violence or being witness to family violence. As a result most have significant gaps in academic achievement and have either stopped attending or been excluded from mainstream education settings.
The Assistant Principal of this multi-campus School will:
- Assist the Principal in leading the School to achieving its strategic and educational objectives;
- Support the implementation of the Berry Street Education Model within the school;
- Ensure the delivery of a comprehensive curriculum across all campuses;
- Contribute to the overall management of the school through involvement in policy formulation and decision making;
- Manage all school information and data collection processes to support programming, accountability and compliance requirements;
- Ensure effective use of the teaching staff and program budget of a defined area of the school's operation and for the oversight and leadership of the educational programs provided utilising these resources.
The successful applicant will have:
- Minimum four-year trained and have provisional or full registration from the Victorian Institute of Teaching, with a minimum Bachelor qualification in Education or Teaching;
- Capacity to manage change processes across a multi campus school and to monitor the school improvement process to enhance high-quality teaching and learning;
- Conceptual, strategic and analytical skills and a demonstrated capacity to effectively manage organisational practices, processes and data systems;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
For further information regarding the role please view the position description or contact Robert Miller (Principal, Berry Street School) on 03 9429 9266.
Applications addressing the key selection criteria should be submitted by 11pm 19th December 2017
To download the Position Description, please click here
To download the Key Selection Criteria, please click here
Berry Street are committed to the safety, participation and empowerment of all children, including those with a disability and culturally and/or linguistically diverse backgrounds. Berry Street are also committed to cultural safety, inclusion and empowerment of Aboriginal children, their families and communities. Comprehensive reference and background checking will be undertaken, including a Working with Children Check and police check. Aboriginal people; people from culturally and/or linguistically diverse backgrounds and people with a disability are encouraged to apply.