Senior Manager - Children's Contact Service (Carlton)
- Carlton location
- Full time permanent position
- Salary packaging & car benefits
Join Victoria’s largest independent child welfare organisation and become a vital part of a team that never gives up doing whatever it takes for kids. We believe everyone should have a good childhood, growing up in families and communities where they feel safe, nurtured and have hope for the future.
The Children's Contact Service (CCS)’s key objective is to provide a safe, neutral and child-focused venue for supervised visits and facilitated changeovers to children and their parents. The Children’s Contact Service aim is to minimise a child’s exposure to conflict or unsafe situations when parents are separating or have separated. Berry Street Northern operates the Children's Contact Services located in Carlton. This service is an amalgamation of two Contact Centres run in the North by Berry Street previously based in Richmond and Watsonia.
We are looking for a leader with:
- knowledge of issues relevant to the need for supervised visits, including family separation, family conflict, family violence, child abuse, and court orders management experience in the community services sector;
- strong external networks and relationship building skills (e.g. with parents, Family Court, Family lawyers, DSS and DHHS staff);
- experience in program management in the community services sector; and
- experience establishing service objectives and performance indicators and evaluating outcomes.
The successful applicant will also have a tertiary qualification in Social Work, Social Science, Psychology or equivalent. This is an exciting role with scope to further develop the Service to meet additional needs for families! For further information please view the position description.
Queries to Sharon Clark, Group Operations Manager 03 9450 4700
Applications addressing the Key Selection Criteria should be submitted by 11pm Sunday 26th November 2017
To download the Position Description, please click here
To download the Key Selection Criteria, please click here
Berry Street are committed to the safety, participation and empowerment of all children, including those with a disability and culturally and/or linguistically diverse backgrounds. Berry Street are also committed to cultural safety, inclusion and empowerment of Aboriginal children, their families and communities. Comprehensive reference and background checking will be undertaken, including a Working with Children Check and police check. Aboriginal people; people from culturally and/or linguistically diverse backgrounds and people with a disability are encouraged to apply.