Senior Coordinator - Multi Agency Service Team
Mt Helen, VIC
- Mt Helen location
- Full time fixed term until 30 June 2019
- Salary packaging benefits + full private use of Berry Street vehicle.
Join Victoria’s largest independent child welfare organisation and become a vital part of a team that never gives up doing whatever it takes for kids. We believe everyone should have a good childhood, growing up in families and communities where they feel safe, nurtured and have hope for the future.
The Multi-Agency Support Team (MAST) is an entry point for Youth Support Services and Police Referrals covering the Ballarat local government area. It has been designed to provide active and coordinated support for young people at risk of becoming recidivist offenders. The MAST model aims to provide an integrated and joined up service response to the young person and their family in order to address the root causes of offending and to increase the protective factors for individuals and their family, in a service context and in the community.
We are seeking a full time Senior Coordinator to work collaboratively with a team of professionals including family services, education, justice and police workers. The team will facilitate, coordinate and manage planning for young people at risk of offending. The Senior Coordinator will also be involved in activating community supports for young people as well as reviewing comprehensive assessments and developing therapeutic action and support plans.
The successful applicant will have:
- Demonstrated leadership skills and a passion for sharing knowledge and experiences with others.
- Experience in utilising and interpreting clinical assessments to create therapeutic plans.
- Demonstrated experience in the provision of complex casework with young people and their families.
- A good understanding of the underpinning causes of juvenile offending and risk factors as well as an understanding of crime prevention and protective factors.
- The ability to develop, implement & evaluate organisational, multi-organisational & client focussed programs and systems.
- An ability to build and strengthen relationships with key stakeholders.
Further information regarding the role is outlined in the position description.
Queries to Tim Solomon (Manager – Specialist Services) on 03 5330 5000
Applications addressing the key selection criteria should be submitted by 11pm Wednesday 20th September 2017
To download the Position Description, please click here
To download the Key Selection Criteria, please click here
Berry Street are committed to the safety, participation and empowerment of all children, including those with a disability and culturally and/or linguistically diverse backgrounds. Berry Street are also committed to cultural safety, inclusion and empowerment of Aboriginal children, their families and communities. Comprehensive reference and background checking will be undertaken, including a Working with Children Check and police check. Aboriginal people; people from culturally and/or linguistically diverse backgrounds and people with a disability are encouraged to apply.