Family Services Case Worker - Kinship Care
- Shepparton location
- Part time (3 days p/w) permanent position
- Generous salary packaging benefits
We are seeking a part time Family Services Case Worker to join a passionate and supportive Kinship Care Team. This role involves supporting formal and informal kinship care placements out in the community.
Join Victoria's largest child and family services organisation and become a vital part of a team that never gives up doing whatever it takes for kids. Since 1877, Berry Street has been committed to improving life opportunities for vulnerable children, young people and families. With over 1000 staff, Berry Street is a leader in providing high quality services all across Victoria.
Berry Street (Hume) provides Kinship services in the Hume Region of Victoria for children and young people who are unable to live with their birth parents. Kinship care is the care provided by relatives or a member of a child’s social network.
The main function of this position is to provide brief time limited case work support and assistance to formal and informal kinship carers in the community and to assist extended family networks to provide the best possible care to children living in kinship care. The Family Services Case Worker provides time limited assistance with a goal of minimising or preventing any further Child Protection involvement.
- We are looking for a collaborative Case Worker that will with engage kinship families in the decision making process.
- You will have a solid understanding of attachment and trauma theory and grief and loss theory.
- You will have an appropriate tertiary qualification in Psychology, Social Work, or related discipline.
- Previous Case Management experience in the sector will be well regarded.
What Berry Street can provide you:
- Ongoing training and support in the role.
- The opportunity to help our carers provide safe and nurturing homes to children in need.
- Generous salary packaging benefits.
Queries to Sharelle Davidson (Senior Manager, Children & Family Services) on (03) 5822 8100
Applications addressing the key selection criteria should be submitted by 11pm 4th June 2017
To download the Position Description, please click here
To download the Key Selection Criteria template, please click here