Program Manager - Restoring Childhood
- Ballarat location
- Full time fixed term until 30.06.18
- Generous salary packaging benefits plus full private use of vehicle
We have an exciting opportunity for a full time Program Manager to lead a brand new project. The Restoring Childhood Model is a child focussed trauma informed service, designed to intervene early to redress the traumatic impacts of family violence on children and young people (0-17years).
Join Victoria’s largest independent child welfare organisation and become a vital part of a team that never gives up doing whatever it takes for kids. We believe everyone should have a good childhood, growing up in families and communities where they feel safe, nurtured and have hope for the future.
The Restoring Childhood Model (RCM) has been funded by the Victorian Government as one off 12 month demonstration projects in 2017/18 providing therapeutic services to children and young people impacted by family violence. Grounded in evidence informed practice, the RCM will involve specialist intake & triage, supported referrals and secondary consultations and medium term counselling.
The Program Manager will lead a new team of Clinicians ensuring that the RCM is implemented and managed efficiently and effectively. The Program Manager will be responsible for providing high quality supervision to the team in line with the model as well as establishing and maintaining productive working relationships with key internal and external stakeholders.
- We are seeking an expert in developmental trauma and the impact of family violence and trauma upon infant, children and parenting, and child-parent relationships.
- An experienced supervisor who can pull together and lead a new team.
- Someone with a strong understanding of the complexity of the child protection and family violence service systems and the issues involved in providing services to our clients.
What Berry Street can provide you:
- Opportunity for ongoing training
- Support from a committed, collaborative team of workers with an emphasis on a framework informed by trauma
- Access to our Employee Assistance Program
- Generous salary packaging benefits and full private use of a vehicle
Queries to Denise O'Dowd (Senior Manager – Family Violence) on 03 5330 5000
Applications addressing the key selection criteria should be submitted by 11pm Sunday 4 June 2017
To download the Position Description, please click here
To download the Key Selection Criteria, please click here
Berry Street are committed to the safety, participation and empowerment of all children, including those with a disability and culturally and/or linguistically diverse backgrounds. Berry Street are also committed to cultural safety, inclusion and empowerment of Aboriginal children, their families and communities. Comprehensive reference and background checking will be undertaken, including a Working with Children Check and police check. Aboriginal people; people from culturally and/or linguistically diverse backgrounds and people with a disability are encouraged to apply.